1951-1968 New Installations

The celebration in Madrid of the 4th International Congress on Prehistoric and Protohistoric Sciences accelerated the creation of the new installation at the museum. The previous selection of pieces was abandoned in favour of a simple installation designed to exhibit the majority of the collections and enhance their visibility. Sleek displays cases were built to complement other more historicist furniture, and additional information was provided by means of individual exhibit labels, although explanatory panels for galleries and display cases had yet to be introduced.