The Casino de la Reina

The Casino de la Reina was a country estate located in southern Madrid, which the Crown handed over to the government in 1865. It comprised a mansion, a greenhouse, several pavilions and spacious gardens. In 1817 Madrid City Council purchased the property and presented it to the Queen Consort, Maria Isabel of Portugal.

Some of the most eminent architects and artists of the day, such as Antonio López Aguado, Narciso Pascual y Colomer, Vicente López and Juan Madrazo y Kunz, were involved in its construction, remodelling and decoration